This one’s a go to recipe for barbeque parties. You know the type of food that once you start eating your first bite, you absolutely must have another one? That’s these chicken wings right here. Jamaican Jerk style cooking is all about very strong flavours marinaded into the surface of the meat and then blasted on high heat like a fire or smoke pit oven. If you have the jerk seasoning ready, the recipe is extremely easy to put together. Just marinade in the morning, and you’re set for a barbeque anytime in minutes.
Recipe: Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings
– 20g Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (1 large orange)
– 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 small lime)
– 16-20 chicken wings
1. First wash and prepare the raw chicken wings. Cut them at the joints and throw away the tips. They should resemble our picture above at this point already.
2. Put the wings in a ziplock bag.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients together, and then pour on top of the wings. Make sure the wings are tightly packed and each part is coated in the marinade.
4. Tightly seal the bag and put in the fridge for a 2-5 hours, the longer the better. Overnight 1 day is also ok.
5. Get your barbeque ready and grill away.
6. Eat as it is, or dip in your favourite dipping sauce. Either way, it’s going to be finger licking good.