Shop the story
Shop the story
Recipe: Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Nobody can resist the perfect creamy mashed potatoes. Usually some bits always come out lumpy, or they’re just bland, but with this method you can make the perfect mashed potatoes every time. These mashed potatoes are so good that they don’t even need to be an accompaniment to a main, you can eat them by themselves as a snack in the middle of the day.
Recipe: Mashed Potatoes
– 600g Yukon gold potatoes (Or Russet potatoes)
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 bay leaves
– 1/2 60ml heavy cream, warmed (microwave is ok)
– 30g butter, warmed (microwave is ok)
– 1 teaspoon garlic granules
– 1 tbsp milk
– salt and black pepper for seasoning
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into 2cm cubes.
2. Heat up a deep saucepan with cold water, and add in the potatoes, salt and bay leaves.
3. Cook for 20 minutes, and poke with a fork to make sure they’re soft.
4. Drain the potatoes and put into a large mixing bowl.
5. Mash together the warm butter, warm heavy cream, garlic granules and potatoes using a potato masher.
6. Once they’re well mixed, add in the milk and keep mashing. As soon as they’re smooth, stop mashing. Don’t overmash otherwise you’ll lose the creaminess.
7. Season lightly with salt and pepper, roughly 1/4 – 1/3 tsp each should be enough.
8. Done! Serve hot.
You can also use freshly minced garlic cloves for this recipe, but we find garlic granules as much easier to mix in, and prevent any whole pieces from appearing in the end. If you want to be a little more adventurous, you can also add in a pinch of smoked paprika and some mild chilli flakes.