This easy-to-make pizza crust is ideal for busy Hong Kong people or anyone who want to minimize the cooking time but still want to enjoy a nice hot home-made pizza with toppings you fancy. If you already have tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, then you can make margherita pizza at home in 30 minutes. You can also make pesto pizza by using basil pesto instead of tomato sauce and top with cottage cheese or any cheese you like. (In my next article, I will share with you how to make tomato pizza sauce at home)
Tips: This recipe skips the dough-rising stage, which is why it’s easy and fast. But if you want to toss and flip your pizza crust dough like they do at Pizza Express, then you would need to allow dough to rise for one hour or so after stage 3.
Recipe: Herby Pizza Crust
- 140g bread flour
- 2.5g fast rising yeast
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt (good salt is essential for pizza crust)
- 2 teaspoon unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 80-90ml lukewarm water (40-50ºC)
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Combine the bread flour, yeast, salt, sugar and herbs in a bowl. Then add the olive oil and warm water, and mix.
- Beat until smooth and the dough is no longer powdery.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a round.
- Transfer crust to a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread with desired toppings such as tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy your home-made pizza!
This article was written by Chia.
I’m a freelance translator with background in biology. Upon meeting my future husband in Spain, I moved to Hong Kong to start our lives together. I’m still exploring what Hong Kong has got to offer