When we came across this recipe using our Tahiti Vanilla we just absolutely had to share it. Tahiti Vanilla is much sweeter, more fragrant and a totally new experience compared to regular Vanilla. Unlike Madagascar or Indonesian vanilla which is cultivated in farms, Tahiti Vanilla grows wild and is pollenated by birds.
Recipe: Tahiti Vanilla Orange Cream Tarts
For the base
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup almonds (substitute with graham crackers)
For the Orange Vanilla Cream
1/2 cup cashews nuts (best if soaked overnight)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp honey
1/2 tahiti vanilla bean, seeds scraped out from inside, about 4 grams. (Substitute for 1 madagascar vanilla bean, about 4 grams)
Optional garnishes: orange peel thinly sliced, orange jam, orange crisp (bake a sliced orange)
1. For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until roughly combined.
2. Line individual muffin trays with baking paper.
3. Divide the base mixture into 6 and press into the muffin trays to make your base shape.
4. Put into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes to harden.
5. For the orange vanilla cream, add cashews to the food processor and blend for a few minutes.
6. With the food processor still running, slowly add the orange juice, coconut milk, honey and vanilla bean.
7. Keep blending until the mixture becomes very smooth and creamy. Remove and set aside for spooning in, or put into a piping bag.
8. Pull the tarts out of the freezer and fill each tart with the cream.
9. Put into the freezer for 2 hours or overnight in the fridge. Remove a few minutes before serving.
10. Add on your favourite garnishes and serve!