As basically everyone knows by now, Chia Seeds are The IT food of the decade. Chia seeds are loaded with a massive amount of nutrients condensed into a tiny amount of calories, loaded with antioxidants, high protein and also believed to help with weight loss… in addition to about a hundred other benefits. That said, they’re not very easy to cook with and the jelly-like texture is often unappetising to many.
Here’s a really easy way to incorporate Chia Seeds into your daily breakfast ritual.
Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
– 1 cups coconut cream powder
- 2 cups water
– 60-80 grams (about 1/2 cup) chia seeds
– 1 gram vanilla scraped from the pod (about 1/4 of our jumbo pod)
– 1 tablespoon honey
– Seasonal fruit for topping
– Toppings, such as sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds or walnuts
1. Combine coconut cream powder, water, chia seeds, vanilla, and honey in a bowl. Mix well until combined and the mixture begins to thicken.
2. Store covered in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. Stir again before serving and add a bit of water to the pudding if it becomes too thick. Top with fresh fruit or nuts of your choice.
This recipe is almost too easy to put together, and extremely well balanced in terms of macros and micro nutrients. Once you start, you won’t stop! The best part is, you can keep changing up the toppings with what you have on hand and the flavour of the month. Yum!