This one is our favourite tried and tested recipe for perfect chewy and rich chocolate brownies. Made with our very own Peruvian organic cacao powder.
Recipe: Rich Cacao Brownies
Yield: 12-16 pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- vanilla caviar scraped from 1/2 a jumbo tahitian vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup cacao powder, depends how strong you like your brownie
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pink himalayan salt (substitute with ordinary sea salt if you don’t have)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (Ceylon Cinnamon works best as it’s sweeter and not spicy, but Cassia Cinnamon is okay too)
- Butter for greasing your pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on low heat, make sure it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Now gradually add in the dry ingredients: cacao powder, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and beat in until thoroughly mixed.
- Bake for approx 25 mins, check to see if done and make sure it’s not overcooked. Your brownie should have a nice glaze on top and a chewy yet fluffy centre.
- That’s it!
We really like the simplicity of this recipe as it creates delicious brownies every time, and the flavour of the cacao really shines through like no other. Take care with measurements and substitutions. We advise only to substitute flavour related ingredients (like the vanilla or cinnamon), not any of the others. Baking is as much a science as an art, and too much change will create a wrong brownie.