This one’s a good recipe to have some excitement in the kitchen while keeping the meal comfort food. It takes about 30-40 minutes from start to finish, but you’ll be well rewarded with one of the best evolutions to a classic favourite. The Blackened Chicken is packed with a lot of spices, the creaminess and heat makes this dish super addictive! If you want to make your version less rich, substitute half the cream for milk… but when you’re a foodie, who cares about calories!
Recipe: Fettucine Alfredo with Blackened Chicken
For the Alfredo Sauce
– 3 tablespoons sweet butter
– 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
– 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
– 250g fresh fettuccine (or pre cooked dry fettucine, about 8-10 mins on the boil)
– Little oil for lining a baking pan
– 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– ½ teaspoon ground cumin
– ½ teaspoon dried thyme
– ½ teaspoon oregano
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– ¼ teaspoon onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, this is for the chicken breast.
2. Now we’ll make the sauce: Melt butter in medium saucepan with over medium/low heat.
3. As soon as it’s melted, add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring to a gentle simmer.
4. Add in both cheeses and simmer for another 3-4 minutes, stirring to make sure it’s thickened and even. Now leave it aside.
5. Lightly spray a baking pan or dish with cooking oil. Set aside.
6. Pound the chicken breast until quite thin (around 0.5cm thick).
7. Mix all the spices together thoroughly. Use your hands to evenly rub and coat both sides of the chicken breasts with the spices.
8. Heat a grill pan on the stove at a medium high heat. Place chicken breasts in pan and brown both sides, 45-60 seconds per side.
9. Then place chicken in prepared baking pan and bake in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and slice chicken into thick strips.
10. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions, usually boil for 2-3 minutes is enough for fresh pasta.
11. Drain, and pour the pasta into the alfredo sauce, mix thoroughly.
12. Serve with the sliced chicken on top. Done!
You may also like:
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or subscribe below for more knowledge about spices.