This yummy salad will pair great with burgers, fried snacks, grilled vegetables, sausages, or even as a snack to munch on alone. If you have the ingredients on hand, it can be put together in just 10 minutes, or less. Coleslaw is best served after chilled in the fridge for an hour, but eating immediately is still ok! Our Coleslaw recipe contains celery seeds and dill for an added light flavour and aroma.
Recipe: Coleslaw with Celery Seed Yoghurt
– 3/4 cup plain yogurt
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons grated onion (or 1 tsp onion powder)
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
– Optional: 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
– 1/2 cup grated peeled carrots
– 1 teaspoon celery seeds
– 1 teaspoon of dill weed
– salt and pepper to season
1. Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, onion, sugar, dill weed and celery seeds in large bowl until well combined.
2. Add the cabbage and carrots, toss them to blend.
3. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Chill in the fridge for an hour and serve chilled.
You may also like:
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or subscribe below for more knowledge about spices.