An exotic recipe which is not only tasty, but healthy and easy to make. It’s entirely raw, no heating required. Many people believe raw food provides the body with various critical enzymes and proteins that are broken down in cooking. These “Raw foodies” believe that most nutritional value is lost when cooking. All we know is that this recipe tastes great, is easy to make, and really shines when using good quality ingredients. We suggest using only big, thick beans (at least 3g a piece) as these beans have had enough time to mature and give good flavour. Smaller beans will taste too mild.
Recipe: Coconut Vanilla Raw Pie
For the crust/base:
1/2 cup of raw macadamia or almond
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
A pinch of pink himalayan salt
1 tbls. coconut oil
2 tbs honey
For the cream:
2 cups of coconut meat (about two coconuts)
1/4 cup of coconut oil
2-4 tbsp. of honey
Water / Coconut water (if needed)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp (2g) pink himalayan salt
1/2 vanilla bean (scrape out the seeds)
1-2 bananas sliced into 1 cm. rings
OPTIONAL: Handful of fresh berries for garnishing.
For the crust:
1. Add all the ingredients for the crust in the food processor, blend.
2. After blending them all together with the honey they will come out as a “dough” – which will be your base.
3. Transfer the base into small bowls or a tray. Use a spoon to press the base and to evenly distribute it in the bowl.
For the cream:
1. Put all the cream ingredients except for the banana in the food processor.
2. Blend until mixture gets the creamy consistency. If it is too dry you can add a few teaspoons of the water / coconut water to reach the right consistency.
Putting it all together:
1. On top of the crust put the banana rings. Cover the crust as much as possible.
2. Once done, layer the banana rings with the coconut-vanilla cream.
3. Leave it in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
4. If you wish you can garnish with fresh berries!
You may also like:
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or subscribe below for more knowledge about spices.