Tomato Salsa has an endless list of recipes, each different: different tomatoes, different levels of thickness, more spicy, more sweet, more sour… the list can carry on forever. Thanks to our huge pantry of spices, we’ve developed a recipe that we believe is truly unique and also tastes the bomb. The cajun seasoning is a complex blend of onions, chillies, salt, paprika, thyme, and other spices that pair extremely well with tomatoes and mexican cuisine. We’ve also mixed in a little bit of mint for a cool, summer flavour, plus more chilli powder as we love our food more spicy. You can exclude the extra chilli powder if you wish. It will still taste great.
Spicy Tomato Salsa
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint flakes
- 1/2 tsp Tianjin Chilli Powder (Optional)
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- Blanch the tomatoes, peel and chop fine.
- Mix all the seasonings and spices together.
- Taste test, add more salt and chilli powder if required. We recommend using Pink Himalayan Salt for a slight sour taste that complements the spice.
- Mash well with potato masher and serve with Nachos / Chips / French fries.
You may also like:
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or subscribe below for more knowledge about spices.